A NASCAR event might bring over 100,000 attendees over the weekend race, but it might not be a good fit for your brand to activate, A cool experience can certainly fill a footprint making it seem like thousands of people were interested in the promotion. However, if only a handful of those attendees end up converting into customers, that will not result in a positive ROI. That is unless the goal of the promotion is to purely increase brand awareness, like social media engagement, without a concern for driving sales.
When researching potential opportunities for your activations, try these tactics to get an understanding of what the event will be like:
- Google photos of the event from previous years
- Contact the event coordinator or public relations department to see press releases targeted for potential exhibitors
- Try to speak to people that have attended the event in the past
- Look to see what other vendors will be set-up at the event
- Follow the event on social media channels to see what consumers are saying/sharing